How do I register?
All registrations must be done through active.com. Please click the Registration button located at the top right of your screen.
What is the deadline for online registration?
Online registration for both the Ugly Sweater 5K and Holiday Half Marathon will be available until Saturday, December 14th at 7am.
Can I mail a registration form in?
Unfortunately we are unable to accept mail in registrations. All registrations must be done online.
How do I know if I am registered?
You will receive a confirmation email from ACTIVE.com with your registration information and a receipt email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also confirm your registration by logging into your ACTIVE account at MyEvents.ACTIVE.com. Still not sure? Send us an email at email@example.com.
I am having trouble getting registered. Can someone help me?
For online registration issues contact the ACTIVE Network’s customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-228-4881.
How can I edit my registration?
Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.com account, find your race entry, and click the “Edit registration” button to make updates to your registration. The deadline to make edits to your registration is December 13th, 2019.
Can I switch race distances?
Yes, you can always switch race distances if there is still capacity in the event you are looking to switch into. Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.com account, find your race entry, and click the “Change category” button to make update to your registration. The deadline to make edits to your registration is December 7th, 2018.
- Switching from a longer distance to a shorter distance:There is no fee to switch to a shorter distance. There are no refunds for the difference in price between the two distances.
- Switching from a shorter distance to a longer distance:You will be prompted to pay the difference in fee from the shorter distance to the current cost of the longer distance.
- Late Category transfers:If you miss the deadline to change race distances, you will be able to make the change at the Expo for an administrative charge of $10 plus any additional price difference for longer distances. You must run the race for which you are registered for or you may be disqualified.
How can I add Race Extras to my registration?
Race Extras can be selected during registration. If you did not purchase at the time of registration, log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.comaccount, find your race entry, and click the “Purchase merchandise” button to add Race Extras to your registration.
I can’t make the race. What options do I have?
Entry fees are non-refundable. We appreciate you, as our customer, and understand that sometimes you just can’t make the race. We have created a great policy that offers you several different options, in the event you cannot attend on race day. (You may choose only one of the options below.)
- Defer Your Entry: You may defer your entry to the 2019 event. Deferrals must be processed by the event registration team and an administration fee of $25 will be charged. The deferral will expire after the 2019 event and you will not be able to defer your registration again. Athletes may request a deferral by submitting an email request to email@example.com to December 2nd, 2018.
- Transfers: You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. However, bib transfers are allowed for an administration charge of $25 and must be processed through your ACTIVE MyEvents account no later than December 7th, 2018. If you transfer your bib, you will receive a refund (minus the $25 administration charge) once the new participant signs up. The new runner will need to pay the full entry fee at the time of the transfer. Log into your ACTIVE.comaccount and select “Transfer registration” to begin the process.
- Insurance:If you purchased Registration Protector insurance you may file a refund claim with Booking Protect. All insurance claims and refunds go directly through Booking Protect. Submit a refund application: https://bookingprotect.com/refund/
- Virtual Run:If you cannot attend the race in person you may run the half marathon or 5K “virtually” and still receive the same perks. To run virtually you must upgrade your registration to the virtual option for $10. Log into your ACTIVE.comaccount and select “Purchase merchandise” to select the Virtual Upgrade option.
Can I register and/or pick up my race packet on race day?
5K and Kids Run participants must pick up their bib before their race on Saturday, December 14th. Half Marathoners have the option to pick up their race bib on Saturday between 9:00am and 12:00PM or on Sunday morning between 6:00am and 7:50am.
We STRONGLY encourage Half Marathoners to pick up their race items on Saturday to avoid long lines on Sunday. Your parking ticket is valid for both Saturday and Sunday. Don’t forget your photo ID – it is required to pick up your race bib!
What are the minimum age requirements?
The recommended minimum age for the Holiday Half Marathon is 13 years old
The Penguin Waddle Kids Fun Run is 12 years old and under only
There are no age restrictions for the Ugly Sweater 5K
When and where can I pick up my race items?
It is mandatory for everyone participating to pick up their race packet, race shirt and bib at the Health & Fitness Expo on December 14 or 15, 2019. We do not mail race items out.
Can someone else pick up my race packet?
In order to pick your race bib and shirt up, you will need just need a photo ID.
If you plan on picking another participant’s bib up, they will need to sign their waivers online before you arrive. To sign their waivers, please have them log into their myevents.active.com account. You will also need a copy of his/her driver’s license or photo ID.
Is there a group discount policy?
If you are part of a running club or running group, please contact us for information about a group discount.
If the Golden Snowflake Challenge is sold out and I register for the 5K and half marathon separately, will I still receive the Golden Snowflake Challenge medal?
You must be registered for the Golden Snowflake Challenge in order to receive the special medal.
If I am part of the Penguin March Club, where do I pick up my special items?
You will pick up your items up at the Health & Fitness Expo when picking up your other race items. Please note, Penguin March Club items will not be available before the Ugly Sweater 5K.
What is the Virtual Run?
When you sign up for the Virtual Race option, you will need to complete the 13.1 mile race or 3.1 mile race on your own and submit a proof between December 8 and December 22, 2019.
Virtual runners’ post-race package will include:
– Bib, Official finisher shirt, Official finisher medal
Click here to login to your Active account and select “Purchase additional Merchandise”.
– Virtual runners cannot run the official course race.
– Proofs of the race must be submitted between December 8 and December 22 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Your finish time will not be posted on the results page.
– Virtual Race registration is required in order to participate in the program.
How many people are you anticipating at this year’s events?
We are anticipating 6,000 in the Holiday Half Marathon, 2,000 in the Holiday 5K and 1,000 in the Penguin Waddle Kids Run.
What times do the races start?
Saturday, December 14
8:30 am Ugly Sweater 5K Run/Walk
9:45 am Penguin Waddle Kids Fun Run Waves begin
Sunday, December 9
8:00 am Holiday Half Marathon
8:30 am Students Run LA Start
Can I start the race early?
No early starts will be allowed.
Where are the water stations located? Where are the medical stations located?
Please click here for Holiday Half Marathon course details.
What type of chip and timing system do the events use?
The Holiday Half Marathon and 5K will be using a tag timing system. The timing chips will be attached to your bib. Do not remove your chips from the back of your bib!
Does the Holiday Half Marathon or Holiday 5K offer age group awards?
First, second and third place in each age division of the Holiday Half Marathon and Holiday 5K will receive an additional medal. Available for pick up after the race at the Results Tent.
Age Divisions: Under 14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+
We do not mail out age award medals. Please pick up your medal post-event.
Do you provide a pace team?
The Holiday Half Marathon is proud to partner with the So Cal Pacers Running Club to provide pacers at the following times 1:30, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:30, 2:40, 2:50, 3:00, 3:20
What is the course time limit?
Holiday Half Marathon – 3:45
Holiday 5K – 1:20
Where is the start and finish line?
The start and finish lines for all events are located in the main square at Fairplex So Cal. Signs from the parking lot will direct you to the event area.
Will there be food and/or drinks at the finish line?
There will be post-race fluids and food provided to all race participants at the finish line. Additional food and beverages will be available for purchase in the Health & Fitness Expo. Participants in the Holiday Half Marathon who are 21 years+ enjoy one free beer in the Michelob Ultra Beer Garden. Anyone of age may purchase additional beers.
Where are the restrooms located?
The Fairplex So Cal has multiple public restroom facilities near the start/finish line. Public restrooms are also located throughout Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park beginning at mile 2.
Do you offer personal item storage?
Personal item storage will be available near the start and finish line area. We do not recommend that you store any valuables. Bags and tags will be provided at the personal item storage tent. Items left in personal storage will be donated if not claimed by participants.
Can I enter two events?
Yes, for more information on the Golden Snowflake Challenge, click here. If the Golden Snowflake Challenge is sold out, you can still sign up for both events, but will not receive the Golden Benefits.
Where do I park?
Parking will be available at Fairplex So Cal. Enter from Blue Gate 9 Lot located off of White Avenue.
Parking is $12.* Parking rates may change without notice.
Parking tickets purchased on Saturday are valid for use on Sunday!
Where can I see my race results?
Results will be available in the Health & Fitness Expo area after the races have started and will be available here immediately after the race.
What if my results are incorrect?
If you notice an error with your time, please email our timing team. Please include your full name, distance participated, and both the error, and correction.
Do you provide finishers certificates?
Finishers certificates will be available for download here, 24-48 hours after your event.. An email will be sent to you after the race when they become available
Do you provide a family reunion area?
We suggest that you pre-plan a meeting area in an obvious location at Fairplex So Cal with family and friends. The area is large and spacious and it is easy to find a meeting spot.
Can I walk the event?
Yes, you can walk the Holiday Half Marathon or the Holiday 5K. Please note the course time limits below.
Holiday Half Marathon – 3:45
Holiday 5K – 1:30
Are strollers allowed?
Yes, strollers are allowed. We encourage stroller runners and walkers to start near the back and allow the faster participants to clear the start line area.