Date: Sunday, December 15, 2019
Start Time: 8:00 AM
Start/Finish Line: Main Plaza of Fairplex So Cal, home of the LA County Fair.
Time Limit: 3:45
Aid Stations: There will be (6) water stations on-course, set-up approximately every mile to mile and a half beginning at Mile 2 at the following mile locations: 2, 3/12, 4, 6.5, 7/8, 9 and 10.5.
Nuun Energy Stations
Nuun is the official on-course energy drink of the Holiday Half Marathon and will be available at miles 3/12, 6.5 and 7/8.
Honey Stinger Gels
Honey Stinger Gels are the official on course gel of the Holiday Half Marathon and will be available at mile 9.
The Penguin Waddle course is 1 mile long and takes runners through the Fairplex.
Date: Saturday, December 14, 2019
– 9:45 am- 10-12 years old wave
– 10:05 am- 8-9 years old wave
– 10:25 am- 7 and under wave
We recommend arriving 30-60 minutes before the wave start time.
With the growing popularity of the event we want to make sure that we can accommodate as many kids as possible. We ask that if your plans change and your child cannot attend the Penguin Waddle Kids Run please let us know. If you cancel your registration or notify our team that your child will not be participating, their spot will be given to another child on the waiting list.
Parents on the course
We understand that many parents want to run with their kids during the kids run. Unfortunately, we ask that parents do not accompany their child(ren) during the run.
- The kids run course is monitored by medical team, event staff and is completely safe.
- You will be able to see your kids at numerous points of the course.
- We will make sure all kids are safe and start the race after talking with them about safety and how to run the mile course.
The Holiday Half Marathon is excited to bring the Virtual Run Option back to the 2019 event!
Virtual Runners’ Post Race package will include:
– Official Finisher Shirt
– Official Finisher Medal
When you sign up for the Virtual Race option, you will need to complete your distance and submit proof between December 8, 2018 and December 22nd, 2019.
Race Proof can be:
– Photo proof of your tracking device showing the date and distance
– Link to Garmin, MapMyRun, Nikeplus, RunKeeper, Runtastic or Strava tracking.
Already signed up but can’t join us on December 14, 2019?
Switch to the Virtual Race!
Runners who signed up for the traditional course race can switch to the Virtual before December 13, 2019. Runners who decide to transfer from the course race to the virtual race must submit their request by December 13. There is a $10 transfer fee. To make this change, please log into your myevents.active.com account and select category change.
Virtual Race Rules:
– Virtual Race Upgrade can be purchased until December 13, 2019.
– Virtual Race Upgrade fees will not be refunded or transferred.
– Proofs of the race must be submitted between December 8 and December 22 by emailing us, here.
– Your finish time will not be posted on the Results Page.
– Bib, Shirts, and Medals will be mailed to the address listed on the registration form. Items will be shipped on December 23, 2019.
– The Virtual run option will allow you to maintain your legacy status.
– Virtual Race registration is required in order to participate in the program.