For the 11th year in a row, INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION HAS SOLD OUT for the 2018 Napa-to-Sonoma Wine Country Half Marathon. Luckily, there are still several ways you can get into this bucket list race!
1. Enter our free 2nd Chance Drawing. Individuals who weren’t able to snag a spot in the race can now enter our free 2nd Chance Drawing. Additional spots in the race will be released on March 1, 2018. Winners will be notified by email.
GIVE ME A SECOND CHANCE!
2. Purchase a Private Reserve VIP bib. There are still a few spots left in our Private Reserve VIP category! Your VIP registration includes:
– Personalized VIP Race Bibs
– Express Packet Pick-up at Expo with VIP Gift
– Exclusive Warm-up & Stretching Zone and Private Restrooms at Start Line
– Transportation to Race Start from Select Pick-up Locations
– Pre-Race Energizing Breakfast Items at Start Line
– Private Gear Check with Pick-up at Finish Line VIP Tent
– Access Pass to VIP Tent at Finish Line & Festival
– Complimentary Recovery Brunch at Finish Line VIP Tent
PURCHASE VIP REGISTRATION
3. Race with Team Challenge for the Crohns & Colitis Foundation. Want to race in Napa-to-Sonoma, but didn’t get a bib? Don’t worry, you can still get in…while helping a great cause!
Join Team Challenge for the Napa-to-Sonoma Half Marathon or the GunBunFunRun 5k on July 15! This event is sold out to the general public, but limited spaces with Team Challenge remain. There are teams forming NOW across the country to train for an experience you’ll never forget – all while helping to find cures for the 1.6 million Americans living with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Access to scenic 13.1 mile course
- Classic, Unique Finisher’s Medal
- Technical fabric running shirt
- Personalized runner’s bib
- Transportation to/from race start and finish from designated parking areas
- Logo wine glass good for tastings at post-race Wine & Music Festival in Sonoma Plaza (must be 21+)
- Special offers from hotels, sponsors, exhibitors and local businesses
- Chip timing system and results
- Support from law enforcement and 200 volunteers and staff
- Opportunity to win cash, wine, and other awards
- $10 per entry fee to partnering non-profit organizations
Registration Teams MUST have a minimum of 6 team members to qualify as a team and receive the $5 entry fee discount. Teams may consist of any combination of male and female runners. Teams can have a maximum of 20 runners per team, if over 20 members, you must register at least two teams of 6 members or more per team. Teams that do not reach the minimum number of runners will be removed from the Team Registration Process.
Scoring Team members will be scored both as an Individual and in the Team competition. The top 5 times from each team will be combined to get the total team time. All times are age and gender handicapped based on the standard USATF handicap system.
Private Reserve VIP Package ($375)
- VIP Race Entry with Personalized VIP Race Bibs
- Express Packet Pick-up at Expo with VIP Gift
- Exclusive Warm-up & Stretching Zone and Private Restrooms at Start Line
- Transportation to Race Start from Select Pick-up Locations
- Pre-Race Energizing Breakfast Items at Start Line
- Private Gear Check with Pick-up at Finish Line VIP Tent
- Access Pass to VIP Tent at Finish Line & Festival
- Private Wine Glass Pick-up in Finish Line VIP Tent
- Complimentary Recovery Brunch at Finish Line VIP Tent
- Contribution to Local Charity
Marathon Tours & Travel has partnered with Destination Races to bring you an exclusive VIP Estate Package to America’s most alluring destination half-marathon.
Our VIP Estate Package includes a variety of activities and amenities designed to make this a memorable destination experience. This year we’ll be staying in the new Archer Hotel in downtown Napa. On Friday we’ll introduce you to a few of our favorite wineries on our guided day tour of the Napa Valley. From the Archer you’ll be able to walk to Saturday’s Race Expo at the Oxbo Commons, located along the Napa River and adjacent to the popular Oxbo Public Market.
Included in the package is an invitation to the special pre-race dinner with guest speakers, elite athletes, sponsors and other runners. Your VIP race bib allows you special access to Cuvaison tasting room and facilities prior to the race. As soon as you finish the race you will be steps away from the VIP tent with brunch, refreshments and limited release wines while you enjoy the best post-race atmosphere and weather possible. This year the highlight of your experience just might be the afternoon finisher’s party for Marathon Tours & Travel held at the recently opened Culinary Institute of America at COPIA. This year you’ll be treated to a wine tasting seminar, “Special Wines of the Napa Valley” in the Napa Valley Vintners Theater, followed by hors d’oeuvres and tastings in the atrium.
For more information and to register through Marathon Tours, click here.
This scenic and fast 13.1 mile course starts at Cuvaison Carneros Winery where runners congregate in one of the most beautiful start areas anywhere. You’ll warm up next to the winery alongside rows of rolling vineyards and a reservoir. Runners must be dropped at the entrance to the winery by bus or by vehicle in the Domaine Carneros parking lot. There is NO parking there or anywhere near the start area!
Out of the starting gate, you’ll take a left turn on Duhig Rd. and make your ascent up Butt Burner Hill. Once over the crest it’s a beautiful cruise downhill into the Carneros wine appellation. Enjoy vistas of the Napa-Sonoma Marshes Wildlife Preserve, San Pablo Bay and Mt. Tamalpais in Marin as you wind through hundreds of rolling acres of vineyards and wineries. The course also passes ranches and farms filled with a variety of animals including horses, cows, pigs, sheep, goats, llamas, chickens and donkeys.
Date: July 2018
Start Time: 7:00 AM
Start Line: Cuvaison Carneros Winery – 1221 Duhig Rd, Napa, CA 94559
Finish Line: Sonoma Plaza – 453 1st St E, Sonoma, CA 95476
Time Limit: 3.5 hours or 16:00 min/mi pace
The GunBunFunRun 5K starts at Gundlach Bundschu Winery in Sonoma and follows the final 3 miles of the half-marathon course before finishing in downtown Sonoma in the plaza for the post-race Wine & Music Festival.See the Course Map above for route details. This event is limited to 425 runners.
Date: July 15, 2018
Start Time: 8:15 / 8:20 / 8:25 AM*
Start Line: Gundlach Bundschu – 2000 Denmark St, Sonoma, CA 95476
Finish Line: Sonoma Plaza – 453 1st St E, Sonoma, CA 95476
Time Limit: 16:00 min/mile pace
* 3 Wave Start – Runners will be assigned to different waves based upon the estimated finish times they indicated on the registration page. Each wave will consist of approximately 140 runners.
Since 1858, the Bundschu family has enjoyed the beauty of Rhinefarm and the exquisite character of its wines. We invite you to spend a few hours getting to know the land, the wines, and the people that make Gundlach Bundschu unique. Just five minutes from the historic Sonoma Plaza, their location at the foot of the Mayacamas Mountains along the Napa-Sonoma border is convenient for visitors to either acclaimed region.
Gundlach Bundschu Winery offers a variety of experiences, from simple tastings to sit-down food and wine pairing experiences. Please visit www.GunBun.com to explore all your options or call 707-938-5277.
Elite Athletes are encouraged to send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that elites are required to submit their entries 7 days prior to the event. In-person Expo and Race Day sign-ups are not permitted.
Please include your first name, last name, age, email, and phone number as well as your PRs, recent results, notable accomplishments, hometown/college, and a photo if possible.
Elite Qualifications (2017-18) – Half Marathon PR within 3 years
Women – Napa-to-Sonoma ONLY
Under 1:16 – Elite A
1:16-1:20 – Elite B
1:25 and under – Masters Elite
Men – Napa-to-Sonoma ONLY
1:06 and under – Elite A
1:06-1:10 – Elite B
1:15 and under – Elite Masters