What are the race dates for the 2019 event?
The 2019 Aquarium of the Pacific 5K and Kids Fun Run will take place on Saturday, October 12th, 2019.
The 2019 JetBlue Long Beach Marathon, Half Marathon and Bike Tour will take place on Sunday, October 13th, 2019.
What Streets will be closed on race day?
The 2018 Resident Flyer Can be found here. We also have a marathon specific road closure information available here: 2018-LBM-Road-Closure-Info.
Who is the Official Race Photographer?
The Official Race Photography company is FinisherPix.
To view previous race photos please visit:
Marathon & Half Marathon
Aquarium of the Pacific 5K & Kid’s Run
The Bike Tour
Is there Official Race Merchandise?
Yes! Click HERE to view our online merchandise. Merchandise will also be available for purchase at the Health & Fitness Expo.
How do I know if I am registered?
You will receive a confirmation email from ACTIVE.com with your registration information and a receipt email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also confirm your registration by logging into your ACTIVE account at MyEvents.ACTIVE.com. Still not sure? Send us an email at email@example.com.
I am having trouble getting registered. Can someone help me?
For online registration issues contact the ACTIVE Network’s customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-228-4881.
How can I edit my registration?
Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.com account, find your race entry, and click the “Edit registration” button to make updates to your registration. The deadline to make edits to your registration is October 4th, 2018.
Can I switch race distances?
Yes, you can always switch race distances if there is still capacity in the event you are looking to switch into. Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.com account, find your race entry, and click the “Change category” button to make update to your registration. The deadline to make edits to your registration is October 4th, 2018.
- Switching from a longer distance to a shorter distance:There is no fee to switch to a shorter distance. There are no refunds for the difference in price between the two distances.
- Switching from a shorter distance to a longer distance:You will be prompted to pay the difference in fee from the shorter distance to the current cost of the longer distance.
- Late Category transfers:If you miss the deadline to change race distances, you will be able to make the change at the Expo for an administrative charge of $10 plus any additional price difference for longer distances. You must run the race for which you are registered for or you may be disqualified.
How can I add Race Extras to my registration?
Race Extras can be selected during registration. If you did not purchase at the time of registration, log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.comaccount, find your race entry, and click the “Purchase merchandise” button to add Race Extras to your registration.
I can’t make the race. What options do I have?
Entry fees are non-refundable. We appreciate you, as our customer, and understand that sometimes you just can’t make the race. We have created a great policy that offers you several different options, in the event you cannot attend on race day. (You may choose only one of the options below.)
Defer Your Entry: You may defer your entry to the 2019 event. Deferrals must be processed through your ACTIVE MyEvents account and an administration fee of $25 will be charged. The deferral will expire after the 2019 event and you will not be able to defer your registration again. Deferrals must be processed prior to September 30th, 2018.
- Log into your ACTIVE MyEvents account at https://myevents.active.com/motivsportsus
- Find your 2018 JetBlue Long Beach Marathon entry (Don’t see your entry? Email email@example.com help claiming your entry.)
- Click “Change event”
- Choose “2019 JetBlue Long Beach Marathon”
- Select your race distance. Please note that you may only defer your entry to the same category you registered in 2018.
- Answer the 2019 registration questions
- Complete the waiver section and click Continue
- You will be prompted to pay the deferral fee on the Checkout page.
- Enter your billing information and click Complete.
- You’re all set!
Transfers: You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. However, bib transfers are allowed for an administration charge of $25 and must be processed through your ACTIVE MyEvents account no later than October 4th, 2018. If you transfer your bib, you will receive a refund (minus the $25 administration charge) once the new participant signs up. The new runner will need to pay the full entry fee at the time of the transfer. Log into your ACTIVE.com account and select “Transfer registration” to begin the process.
- Insurance: If you purchased Registration Protector insurance you may file a refund claim with Booking Protect. All insurance claims and refunds go directly through Booking Protect. Submit a refund application: https://bookingprotect.com/refund/
- Virtual Run: If you cannot attend the race in person you may run the half marathon or marathon “virtually” and still receive the same perks. To run virtually you must upgrade your registration to the virtual option for $10. Log into your ACTIVE.comaccount and select “Purchase merchandise” to select the Virtual Upgrade option.
Where and when do I pick up my race packet?
It is mandatory for everyone participating to pick up your race packet, t-shirt and bib at the Health and Fitness Expo on Friday, October 5th and Saturday, October 6th, 2018. The only exception is for the Aquarium of the Pacific 5K, where you’ll be able to pick your packet up on race morning (Saturday, October 7th) at the Aquarium of the Pacific. Please see the “Partners & Exhibitor Page“ for details on the Health and Fitness Expo.
I paid extra for Race Day Packet Pick-Up, where do I go to get my bib race morning?
On race day, Sunday, October 7th, please park at the Long Beach Convention Center and head to the Information Tent to pick up your Race Day Pickup items (bib, shirt, safety pins, event program, and Beach Bum Club swag if eligible.). The Information Tent will be located off of Linden Ave. and Shoreline Drive, east of the main stage starting at 5:00am. Photo I.D. will be required.
Do you mail bibs?
No, we not have a bib delivery option. However, if you are unable to attend the Health & Fitness Expo to pick-up your bib, you can pay $25 for Race Day Bib Pick-Up. You can purchase this through your ACTIVE Network registration portal.
Can someone else pick-up my race packet?
Yes, someone else can pick up your registration materials if you cannot attend. They are only allowed to pick up for two other people. Items required:
- Copy of driver’s license or photo ID. Electronic copies (e.g. a picture of the ID on a smartphone are accepted).
- Ensure you’ve signed your online waiver. You had the opportunity to sign your waiver during registration. To check if you’ve signed your waiver, please log into your myevents.active.com account and select Long Beach Marathon. You will see a red “Sign Waivers” bar if you have not yet signed your waivers.
If you are picking up on another runners behalf, you are limited to picking up (3) packets at a time.
What does the First Class Marathon/Half Marathon VIP Race Experience include?
- JetBlue Long Beach Marathon or Half Marathon entry
- VIP Express Packet Pick-up at Expo or Race Day Packet Pick-up
- VIP Hassle-Free Parking on Race Day
- Unlimited VIP Lounge access on race day to include:
- Pre and post-race food and beverage (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Private VIP restrooms
- Private post-race massage
- Private Gear Check
- Front access to the post-race Beer Garden
- VIP Gift
There will be 6 Medical Aid Stations and 3 mobile medical carts on course as well our main medical tent at the finish line. Each station will be equipped with medical personnel and supplies to handle all basic medical needs. Each station will also be stocked with water, Nuun and Honey Stinger Gels.
Marathon Festival (Mile 6.5) – Marina Green
Aid Station Mile 11/24 – Ocean Blvd/Euclid Ave
Aid Station Mile 12/22.5 – Will Rogers Mini Park – Appian Way/ Nieto Ave
Aid Station Mile 15/21- Park Ave/ Anaheim St
Aid Station Mile 16/20 – Whaley Park – Atherton St/San Anseline Ave
Aid Station Mile 18 – Cal State Long Beach – E Campus Dr/Anaheim St
Finish Line Main Medical – Linden Ave/Shoreline Dr