Come experience one of the most scenic events in California, “Run Long Beach”. Starting in Downtown Long Beach, runners head towards the historic Queen Mary and then through Shoreline Village. After running next to the Pacific Ocean on the flat beach path, marathoners head through Belmont Shore toward Marine Stadium. Cheerleaders, sororities, fraternities, clubs, student organizations, faculty, and the school mascot Prospector Pete come out full-force to cheer as runners complete a 5K loop around the California State University, Long Beach campus. With 6.2 miles to go, runners head back towards Ocean Boulevard for a fast finish and Finish Line Festival celebration
Date: Sunday, October 13, 2019
Marathon Start Time: 6:00 AM
Start/Finish Line: E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
Combined with spectacular oceanfront views and a variety of settings including metropolitan Downtown Long Beach and the seaside community of Belmont Shore, the flat course makes the JetBlue Long Beach Half Marathon one of the best.
The Long Beach race course combines spectacular oceanfront views, charming seaside communities, and the metropolitan feel at the start and finish. The highest elevation on the course is 45 feet. Starting on Shoreline Drive, the course passes the new Pike at Shoreline Village, crosses the Queensway Bridge and runs to the bow of the Queen Mary, circles back around the Aquarium of the Pacific, the Lighthouse at Rainbow Harbor, then back by Shoreline Village before heading down the beautiful beach path. You’ll close out your race running above the ocean along the bluff before closing out downhill into a cheering final straight of fans.
Date: Sunday,October 13, 2019
Marathon Start Time: 6:00 AM
Half Marathon Start Time: 7:30 AM
The wave start times are organized by estimated finish time and will be divided by colored signs at the start line.
Wave 1 1:16 – 2:09
Wave 2 2:10 – 2:26
Wave 3 2:27 – 2:47
Wave 4 2:48 – 3:31
Wave 5 3:32+
Start/Finish Line: E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
Time Limit: 7.5 hours (Marathon); 6 hours (Half Marathon)
We are excited to announce the 2018 Bike Tour, providing avid and leisure cyclists alike the opportunity to ride one of the most beautiful Bike Tours in Southern California. The Bike Tour starts promptly at 6:00 am. It is a safe, scenic and fully closed 20 mile course. Be a part of the marathon weekend experience with all the perks including a commemorative event shirt, finishers medal, FREE Beer in the Michelob Ultra Beer Garden and more! Whether you’re riding for time or simply to enjoy the sights of Long Beach, the Bike Tour is sure to get the Long Beach Marathon and Half Marathon events rollin’.
Date: Sunday, October 13, 2019
Bike Tour Start Time: 6:00 AM
Experience Long Beach on a bike!
– Cruise through 20 miles of the city on closed streets while watching the sun rise
– The Bike Tour starts at 6:00 am
– The Bike Tour is an UN-TIMED event except for those who are doing it as part of the Combo
– Please note that all participants must pick their race items up at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, October 5 or Saturday, October 6. There is absolutely no race day pick-up for Bike Tour participants unless the Race Day Pickup Service was purchased in advance.
– Bib must be worn on your chest at all times
Volunteers will be roaming the course to assist cyclists needs on course.
– The use of safety helmets is mandatory – NO EXCEPTIONS!
– It is still dark at the start of the Bike Tour and we encourage all riders to bring a working bike light.
– Only one person per bike, unless the bike is specifically designed as a tandem (both riders must be registered).
– The use of headphones is prohibited for the Bike Tour.
– For safety purposes, parents with kids are asked to line up towards the rear of the pack at the start of the race.
– Please plan on arriving early and ride your bike to the start of the Bike Tour if possible.
– Challenged Athletes using low-sitting hand cycles and those in wheelchairs should compete in the half marathon or marathon events. Please contact us if you are a challenged athlete who wishes to complete the 20-mile Bike Tour.
Bike Corral & Storage
We provide a secure, monitored, bike corral at no cost for your convenience! No bike locks are necessary to store your bike safely while you enjoy the Finish Line Festival or as you transition to the run in the Bike/Run Combo. Please note that you may not take your bike into the festival area.
Please bring bike locks to secure your bike if you are not going to use the bike corral.
Looking to earn more medals? We have several Combo options available for 2019!
Bike + Half: On Sunday, October 13th, participants will complete the Bike Tour beginning at 6:00am. Then, Bike + Half Combo participants will take on the Half Marathon at 7:30am. This is our most popular combo!
5K + Bike: On Saturday, October 12th, participants will begin the Aquarium of the Pacific 5K beginning at 7:00am. Then, join us once again on Sunday, October 13th at 6:00am to complete the Bike Tour.
Super Combo: Participants will start with the Aquarium of the Pacific 5K on Saturday, October 12, then come back on Sunday,October 13 for the Bike Tour at 6:00 am, and finish the Challenge off with the Half Marathon at 7:30 am.
Combo participants will get preferential placement in the first wave of the Bike Tour and will receive an official time for the Bike Tour.
Participants will also receive a combined time for both events, and a special medal.
Shock Top Beach Bum Club members as well as those who are completing the Beach Cities Challenge WILL receive credit for the Half Marathon and all Combo participants will qualify for age group awards in the Half Marathon.
Please note that the two Combo options are THE ONLY way to get an official time* for the Bike Tour. Additionally, the first wave of the Bike Tour will only be open to Combo participants. The Combo is only available to a limited number of participants and will sell out early.
The Aquarium of the Pacific is returning as title sponsor of the 5K Run/Walk! Sign up for the 5K and you will be able to run through the Aquarium passing sharks, seals, sea lions and other animals. After you finish through the Great Hall, you’re invited to come back and visit for a reduced rate! The 5K takes place on Saturday, October 12th – its the perfect warm-up for your Sunday Half or Full Marathon.
Date: Saturday, October 12, 2019
Start Time: 7:00 AM
Start/Finish Line: Aquarium of the Pacific, 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
Time Limit: 1.5 hours
Please note that participants will not be able to run or walk with their pets. The Aquarium does not allow any outside animals into our facility, except for licensed service dogs. This is to ensure the safety and health of our animals.
Bib and Shirt Pick-Up
Please note that all participants must pick their race items up at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, October 11 or on-site at the Aquarium of the Pacific on Saturday, October 12. Those who are participating in the Aquarium of the Pacific 5K in combination with any of our Sunday events will not be able to pick all race items up at one time at the Aquarium of the Pacific, only their bib. All other shirts will need to be picked up at the expo.
Join us on Saturday, October 12, 2019, the DAY BEFORE the Marathon for The Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run! Registration for the 2019 Aquarium of the Pacific Kids Fun Run will open in the summer of 2019.
Date: October 12, 2019
Start Time: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM (Wave Starts)
PLAN ON PICKING UP YOUR CHILD’S BIB 30-60 MINUTES BEFORE THEIR WAVE
These times are approximate
Bib Pick Up Open
11 and 12 year olds Wave Start
9 and 10 year olds Wave Start
7 and 8 year olds Wave start
5 and 6 year olds Wave Start
Start/Finish Line:100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
Time Limit: 30 minutes per wave
Registration for the 2019 event will open at summers end.
– All 2,000 registered participants will receive a finisher’s medal, a numerical bib, and a finisher’s certificate.
– All participants will receive a complimentary ticket to the Aquarium of the Pacific (valid Marathon Weekend only)
– The Grand Marshall for the race will be one of the Aquariums official spokes-animals. Appearances in years past have been from Lola the Cockatoo, sea otter, sting-Ray and shark will be cheering for the runners.
– Kid’s Fun Run will start in age group waves from 9:00-10:30. Kids must be 5-12 years old to participate.
– Kid’s Fun Run start and finish will be located in front of the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach.
– Runners are invited to also help marine life by raising funds to feed the Aquarium animals. Participants can choose to run in honor of their favorite Aquarium marine creature, and all donations will go towards caring for the animals.
– This event fills up early! When the event fills up, there will be a waiting list.
PARKING & DIRECTIONS
The parking structure for the Aquarium is on the water side of Shoreline Drive between Chestnut Place and Aquarium Way. You will have to pay to park in this structure.
From the 710 Freeway, follow direction signs to the Aquarium. The entrance to Aquarium parking is on the right on Shoreline just before the roller coaster bridge at Aquarium Way.
From the south, take Shoreline Drive to Aquarium Way. Left on Aquarium Way. The entrance is on the right 100 feet beyond the dolphin fountain.
Additional parking: When the Aquarium lot is full, you will be directed to The Pike parking structure. The entrance is on Chestnut and Shoreline, just across the street from the Aquarium’s main lot
The Kids 1 Mile Fun Run course starts and finishes in front of the Aquarium of the Pacific. The course runs around the scenic lighthouse, the Marathon Run of Fame, and features great views of the Queen Mary.
The JetBlue Long Beach Marathon is excited to bring the Virtual Run Option back to the 2019 event.
Virtual Runners’ Post Race package will include:
– Official Event Bib
– Official Finisher Shirt
– Official Finisher Medal
When you sign up for the Virtual Race option, you will need to complete the virtual 13.1-mile race (Half Marathon) or 26.2-mile race (Full marathon) and submit proof between October 6, 2019, and October 20, 2019.
Race Proof can be:
– Photo proof of your tracking device showing the date and distance
– Link to Garmin, MapMyRun, Nikeplus, RunKeeper, Runtastic or Strava tracking.
Already signed up but can’t join us on October 13, 2019?
Switch to the Virtual Race!
Runners who signed up for the traditional course race can switch to the Virtual before October 14, 2018. Runners who decide to transfer from the course race to the virtual race must submit their request by October 12. There is a $10 transfer fee. Should you decide to switch to the virtual race, log into your myevents.active.com account, make the category change to Virtual.
Virtual Race Rules:
– Your finish time will not be posted on the Results Page.
– Bib, Shirts, and Medals will be mailed to the address listed on the registration form. Items will be shipped on October 21, 2019.
– We will mail out outside of the United States for an additional fee. Please email us at LBinfo@motivsports.com for more details.
– The Virtual run option will allow you to maintain your legacy status or maintain your status within the Beach Cities Challenge.
– Virtual Race Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
– Virtual Race registration is required in order to participate in the program.
Choose Your Distance
Race Distances for Everyone!
The JetBlue Long Beach Marathon & Half Marathon offers distances for everyone including a Full Marathon, Half Marathon, 20-mile Bike Tour, Aquarium of the Pacific 5k and Kids Fun Run.
We’re proud to partner with these great brands to bring you an incredible event experience. Whether you’re drenched in sweat, dressed in costume or immersed in music, you've worked hard to get there and deserve to have the best time possible.