Come experience one of the most scenic events in California, “Run Long Beach”. Starting in Downtown Long Beach, runners head towards the historic Queen Mary and then through Shoreline Village. After running next to the Pacific Ocean on the flat beach path, marathoners head through Belmont Shore toward Marine Stadium. Cheerleaders, sororities, fraternities, clubs, student organizations, faculty, and the school mascot Prospector Pete come out full-force to cheer as runners complete a 5K loop around the California State University, Long Beach campus. With 6.2 miles to go, runners head back towards Ocean Boulevard for a fast finish and Finish Line Festival celebration
Date: October 8, 2017
Marathon Start Time: 6:00 AM
Start/Finish Line: E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
Combined with spectacular oceanfront views and a variety of settings including metropolitan Downtown Long Beach and the seaside community of Belmont Shore, the flat course makes the JetBlue Long Beach Half Marathon one of the best.
The Long Beach race course combines spectacular oceanfront views, charming seaside communities, and the metropolitan feel at the start and finish. The highest elevation on the course is 45 feet. Starting on Shoreline Drive, the course passes the new Pike at Shoreline Village, crosses the Queensway Bridge and runs to the bow of the Queen Mary, circles back around the Aquarium of the Pacific, the Lighthouse at Rainbow Harbor, then back by Shoreline Village before heading down the beautiful beach path. You’ll close out your race running above the ocean along the bluff before closing out downhill into a cheering final straight of fans.
Date: October 8, 2017
Marathon Start Time: 6:00 AM
Half Marathon Start Time: 7:30 AM
The wave start times are organized by estimated finish time and will be divided by colored signs at the start line.
Wave 1 1:16 – 2:09
Wave 2 2:10 – 2:26
Wave 3 2:27 – 2:47
Wave 4 2:48 – 3:31
Wave 5 3:32+
Start/Finish Line: E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802
Time Limit: 7.5 hours (Marathon); 6 hours (Half Marathon)
We are excited to announce the 2017 Bike Tour, providing avid and leisure cyclists alike the opportunity to ride one of the most beautiful Bike Tours in Southern California. The Bike Tour starts promptly at 6:00 am. It is a safe, scenic and fully closed 20 mile course. Be a part of the marathon weekend experience with all the perks including a commemorative event shirt, finishers medal, FREE Beer in the Michelob Ultra Beer Garden and more! Whether you’re riding for time or simply to enjoy the sights of Long Beach, the Bike Tour is sure to get the Long Beach Marathon and Half Marathon events rollin’.
Date: October 8, 2017
Bike Tour Start Time: 6:00 AM
Experience Long Beach on a bike!
– Cruise through 20 miles of the city on closed streets while watching the sun rise
– The Bike Tour starts at 6:00 am
– The Bike Tour is an UN-TIMED event except for those who are doing it as part of the Combo
– Please note that all participants must pick their race items up at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, October 6 or Saturday, October 7. There is absolutely no race day pick-up for Bike Tour participants unless the Race Day Pickup Service was purchased in advance.
– Bib must be worn on your chest at all times
Jax Bicycle Center’s will be roaming the course to assist cyclists needs on course.
– The use of safety helmets is mandatory – NO EXCEPTIONS!
– It is still dark at the start of the Bike Tour and we encourage all riders to bring a working bike light.
– Only one person per bike, unless the bike is specifically designed as a tandem (both riders must be registered).
– The use of headphones is prohibited for the Bike Tour.
– For safety purposes, parents with kids are asked to line up towards the rear of the pack at the start of the race.
– Three-wheeled Trikke-type Scooters will NOT be allowed on the bike course.
– Please plan on arriving early and ride your bike to the start of the Bike Tour if possible.
– Challenged Athletes using low-sitting hand cycles and those in wheelchairs should compete in the half marathon or marathon events. Please contact us if you are a challenged athlete who wishes to complete the 20-mile Bike Tour.
Bike Corral & Storage
We provide a secure, monitored, bike corral at no cost for your convenience! No bike locks are necessary to store your bike safely while you enjoy the Finish Line Festival or as you transition to the run in the Bike/Run Combo. Please note that you may not take your bike into the festival area.
Please bring bike locks to secure your bike if you are not going to use the bike corral.
Want to tackle two events in the same day? Now you can and get an official time in the process. We are excited to bring back this event for 2017!
Bike/Half Combo participants will start with the Bike Tour at 6:00 am, followed by the Half Marathon (7:30 am start) on Sunday October 8.
5K/Bike participants, will run on Saturday October 7 at 7:00 am at the Aquarium of the Pacific 5K and come back on Sunday October 8 at 6:00am to complete the Bike Tour.
Super Combo participants will start with the Aquarium of the Pacific 5K on Saturday October 7, then come back on Sunday October 8 for the Bike Tour at 6:00 am, and finish the Challenge off with the Half Marathon at 7:30 am.
Combo participants will get preferential placement in the first wave of the Bike Tour and will receive an official time for the Bike Tour. Participants will also receive a combined time for both events, and a special medal.
Shock Top Beach Bum Club members as well as those who are completing the Beach Cities Challenge WILL receive credit for the Half Marathon and all Combo participants will qualify for age group awards in the Half Marathon.
Please note that the two Combo options are THE ONLY way to get an official time* for the Bike Tour. Additionally, the first wave of the Bike Tour will only be open to Combo participants. The Combo is only available to a limited number of participants and will sell out early.
The Aquarium of the Pacific is returning as title sponsor of the 5k Run/Walk! Sign up for the 5k and you will be able to run through the Aquarium passing sharks, seals, sea lions and other animals. After you finish through the Great Hall, you’re invited to come back and visit for just $5! The 5k takes place on Saturday, October 7th – its the perfect warm-up for your Sunday Half or Full Marathon.
Date: Saturday October 7, 2017
Start Time: 7:00 AM
Start/Finish Line: Aquarium of the Pacific, 100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
Time Limit: 1.5 hours
Please note that participants will not be able to run or walk with their pets. The Aquarium does not allow any outside animals into our facility, except for licensed service dogs. This is to ensure the safety and health of our animals.
Bib and Shirt Pick-Up
Please note that all participants must pick their race items up at the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, October 6 or on-site at the Aquarium of the Pacific on Saturday, October 7. Those who are participating in the Aquarium of the Pacific 5K in combination with any of our Sunday events will be able to pick all race items up at one time at the Aquarium of the Pacific.
PLAN ON PICKING UP YOUR CHILD’S BIB 30-60 MINUTES BEFORE THEIR WAVE
These times are approximate
Bib Pick Up Open
11 and 12 year olds Wave Start
9 and 10 year olds Wave Start
7 and 8 year olds Wave start
5 and 6 year olds Wave Start
Start/Finish Line:100 Aquarium Way, Long Beach, CA 90802
Time Limit: 30 minutes per wave
– All 2,000 registered participants will receive a finisher’s medal, a numerical bib, and a finisher’s certificate.
– All participants will receive a complimentary ticket to the Aquarium of the Pacific (valid Marathon Weekend only)
– The Grand Marshall for the race will be none other than Lola, the Aquarium’s resident talking cockatoo. Costumed characters like the sea otter, ray and shark will be cheering for the runners.
– Kid’s Fun Run will start in age group waves from 9:00-10:30. Kids must be 5-12 years old to participate.
– Kid’s Fun Run start and finish will be located in front of the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, which is very near to the Marathon Health and Fitness Expo. Bibs will be picked up here Saturday morning.
– Runners are invited to also help marine life by raising funds to feed the Aquarium animals. Participants can choose to run in honor of their favorite Aquarium marine creature, and all donations will go towards caring for the animals.
– This event fills up early! When the event fills up, there will be a waiting list.
PARKING & DIRECTIONS
The parking structure for the Aquarium is on the water side of Shoreline Drive between Chestnut Place and Aquarium Way. You will have to pay to park in this structure.
From the 710 Freeway, follow direction signs to the Aquarium. The entrance to Aquarium parking is on the right on Shoreline just before the roller coaster bridge at Aquarium Way.
From the south, take Shoreline Drive to Aquarium Way. Left on Aquarium Way. The entrance is on the right 100 feet beyond the dolphin fountain.
Additional parking: When the Aquarium lot is full, you will be directed to The Pike parking structure. The entrance is on Chestnut and Shoreline, just across the street from the Aquarium’s main lot
The Kids 1 Mile Fun Run course starts and finishes in front of the Aquarium of the Pacific. The course runs around the scenic lighthouse, the Marathon Run of Fame, and features great views of the Queen Mary.
The JetBlue Long Beach Marathon is excited to bring the Virtual Run Option back to the 2018 event.
Virtual Runners’ Post Race package will include:
– Official Finisher Shirt
– Official Finisher Medal
When you sign up for the Virtual Race option, you will need to complete the virtual 13.1-mile race (Half Marathon) or 26.2-mile race (Full marathon) and submit proof between September 29, 2018, and October 14, 2018.
Race Proof can be:
– Photo proof of your tracking device showing the date and distance
– Link to Garmin, MapMyRun, Nikeplus, RunKeeper, Runtastic or Strava tracking.
Already signed up but can’t join us on October 7, 2018?
Switch to the Virtual Race!
Runners who signed up for the traditional course race can switch to the Virtual before October 14, 2018. Runners who decide to transfer from the course race to the virtual race must submit their request by October 14. No transfer to the virtual race will be accepted past this date. There is a $10 transfer fee. Should you decide to switch to the virtual race, log into your Active account, make the category change to Virtual.
Virtual Race Rules:
– Virtual Race Upgrade may be purchased until October 14, 2018.
– Virtual runners cannot run the Official Course race.
– Virtual Race Upgrade fees will not be refunded or transferred.
– Proof of your run must be submitted before October 14, 2018 to [email protected]
– Proof of your run must match the registration name. i.e.: If You submit tracking from Garmin, Garmin account must be listed in your name and match the name on the registration record.
– Please do not send any data before September 29, 2018.
– Your finish time will not be posted on the Results Page.
– Data / Race completed before September 29, 2018 will not apply.
– Bib, Shirts, and Medals will be mailed to the address listed on the registration form. Items will be shipped on October 14, 2018.
– We will mail out outside of the United States for an additional fee. Please email us at [email protected] for more details.
– The Virtual run option will allow you to maintain your legacy status or maintain your status within the Beach Cities Challenge.
– Virtual Race Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
– You will not receive a refund if you cannot submit your proof in time.
– Virtual Race registration is required in order to participate in the program.
Submit Virtual Evidence
Use the form below of upload and submit your evidence. Be sure to use the same name and email address that you completed your registration with so that we are able to find your entry.
2018 Registration is Open!
Run for the Lowest Price!
Secure your spot for the 2018 JetBlue Long Beach Marathon & Half Marathon at the lowest price offered!
We’re proud to partner with these great brands to bring you an incredible event experience. Whether you’re drenched in sweat, dressed in costume or immersed in music, you've worked hard to get there and deserve to have the best time possible.