Can’t join us in-person on February 2, 2020? Check out the Virtual Run option.
Included within Virtual Half Marathon and Virtual Marathon registrations:
- Official Event Bib
- Official Finisher Shirt
- Official Finisher Medal
When you sign up for the Virtual Race option, you will need to complete the virtual 13.1-mile race (Half Marathon) or 26.2-mile race (Full marathon) and submit proof through the Virtual Run Submission Link between January 26, 2020, and February 9, 2020.
Race Proof can be:
- Photo proof of your tracking device showing the date and distance
- Link to Garmin, MapMyRun, Nikeplus, RunKeeper, Runtastic or Strava tracking
Submit your Virtual Run Proof:
Already signed up but can’t join us on February 2, 2020?
Switch to the Virtual Race! Runners who signed up for the traditional course race can switch to the virtual before February 2, 2020. There is a $10 transfer fee. Beginning January 26th, you can upgrade your half marathon or marathon entry to the virtual run for $10. You can purchase the upgrade through your ACTIVE MyEvents account. Please follow these steps:
- Please go to MyEvents.ACTIVE.com/motivsportsus
2. Scroll down to find the 2020 Surf City Marathon and Half Marathon
3. Click “Purchase merchandise”
4. Scroll to find “Virtual Race Upgrade”
5. Add 1
6. Scroll down and click Continue
7. Enter your payment information and finish checkout
8. You’re all set!
Virtual Race Rules:
- Your finish time will not be posted on the Results Page.
- All virtual runs must be completed and submitted by February 9, 2020.
- Bib, Shirts, and Medals will be mailed to the address listed on the registration form. Items will be shipped no later than February 21, 2020. Please allow 4 weeks after race day to receive your finisher packet.
- We will mail out outside of the United States for an additional fee. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- The Virtual run option will allow you to maintain your loyalty status or maintain your status within the Beach Cities Challenge.
- Virtual Race Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
- Virtual Race registration is required in order to participate in the program.