As the premier half marathon in New Jersey, we have developed an incredible community of teams that join us each year at the race. They include non-profit teams, social teams, running clubs and even alumni class teams!
And why you ask does is this race built on team spirit? Well it’s just like a college football team. You know the incredible spirit and camaraderie you feel at the game. It’s contagious!
With more than 125 teams participating each year,The Rutgers Unite Half Marathon embodies this feeling from the Scarlet Knight mascot kicking off the race to the thousands of fans lining the finish down College Avenue. Join us this Spring and be part of the incredible experience RAH!
Here are our top 5 reasons why you need to either start a team or join one now:
- Did we mention the camaraderie? Look training for a half ain’t easy but if you have friends to motivate you it just got a whole lot easier.
- The finish festival – this finish festival is epic. Team tents set up along the finish cheering each other on and kicking off the spring in a big way!
- Raise money for your favorite charity. The race gives you a platform to raise funds for your charity of choice.
- The Perks – Teams get a discounted entry as well as finish festival tent, private port a john (oh yea!) and more. Hey be a captain and you get an awesome commemorative hoodie too! Check out the perks.
- Bragging Rights! The top 3 teams win cash prizes and of course bragging rights to the best New Jersey half marathon team. Learn more
We’re proud to partner with these great brands to bring you an incredible event experience. Whether you’re drenched in sweat, dressed in costume or immersed in music, you've worked hard to get there and deserve to have the best time possible.