What are the Race dates for 2019?
The 2019 Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon will be held on May 11, 2019.
How can I volunteer?
We are always looking for good volunteers! If you’d like to sign up to be a part of the Crew Team, please email our team here.
How should I get there?
See our Travel Info page for more details. Please remember to plan ahead.
How do I know if I am registered?
You will receive a confirmation email from ACTIVE.com with your registration information and a receipt email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also confirm your registration by logging into your ACTIVE account at MyEvents.ACTIVE.com. Still not sure? Send us an email at email@example.com.
I am having trouble getting registered. Can someone help me?
For online registration issues contact the ACTIVE Network’s customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-228-4881.
How can I edit my registration?
Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.comaccount, find your race entry, and click the “Edit registration” button to make updates to your registration. The deadline to make edits to your registration is May 9th, 2019.
Can I switch race distances?
Yes, you can switch from the half marathon to the relay if there is still capacity. You must email the registration team at email@example.com facilitate the change in race distance. If the current price of the relay is more than you paid for the half marathon, you will be prompted to pay the difference in fee from the half to the relay. The deadline to make edits to your registration is May 9th, 2019.
- Late Category transfers:If you miss the deadline to change race distances, you will be able to make the change at the Expo for an administrative charge of $10 plus any additional price difference. You must run the race for which you are registered for or you may be disqualified.
How can I add Race Extras to my registration?
Race Extras can be selected during registration. If you did not purchase at the time of registration, log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.comaccount, find your race entry, and click the “Purchase merchandise” button to add Race Extras to your registration.
I can’t make the race. What options do I have?
Entry fees are non-refundable. We appreciate you, as our customer, and understand that sometimes you just can’t make the race. We have created a great policy that offers you several different options, in the event you cannot attend on race day. (You may choose only one of the options below.)
- Defer Your Entry: You may defer your entry to the 2020 event. Deferrals must be processed by the registration team and an administration fee of 50% of the cost of the following year’s registration cost will be charged in the event you defer. The deferral will expire after the 2020 event and you will not be able to defer your registration again. Deferral requests must be submitted by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org later than April 27th, 2019.
- Transfers: You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. However, bib transfers are allowed for an administration charge of $25 and must be processed through your ACTIVE MyEvents account no later than May 9th, 2019. If you transfer your bib, you will receive a refund (minus the $25 administration charge) once the new participant signs up. The new runner will need to pay the full entry fee at the time of the transfer. Log into your ACTIVE.comaccount and select “Transfer registration” to begin the process.
- Insurance:Booking Protect offers Registration Protector, which provides insurance to runners in many emergency and injury situations. This must be purchased at the time of registration, and cannot be retroactively added. If an event occurs that is covered under their policy, you would need to file a claim to receive a full race refund. For questions and inquiries regarding submitting an insurance claim, please contact Booking Protect directly using the following methods.Submit a Refund Application: https://bookingprotect.com/refund/
General Customer Service: https://bookingprotect.com/contact-us/
Packet Pick Up
We recommend that you pick up your race packet at the Race Expo, which is FREE and open to the public. At the Race Expo you will receive your bib, timing chip, shirt and other race information. Exhibitor booths, sampling, merchandise sales, seminars, wine tasting and other events are typically held at the Race Expo. All Race Expo details can be found at the Race Expo page. Your packet will be available for pickup on race day if you cannot attend for any reason for a service charge.
Check back for 2019 Expo Updates!
Can someone else pick up my race packet at the expo?
The Expo is part of the fun and open to everyone – you do not want to miss it. Should you not be able to attend the expo, you may have a friend pick up your race packet on your behalf.
• Make sure that you have signed the electronic waiver in your active account
• Make sure your friend has a copy of your registration confirmation email
• Make sure your friend has a copy of your I.D (digital OKAY)
Can I pick up my bib and shirt on Race Day?
Yes at an additional cost of $15. Limited quantity is available.
What times do the races start?
Please visit our Event Schedule page to check what time your race starts at.
How early should I get there?
We recommend arriving one hour before the race start.
Gear check will be available. Your race number will be your claim tag. We strongly encourage you to not leave any valuables in your gear bag. We are not responsible for any lost / damages items in gear storage.
Can I start early/late?
For the safety of all our participants you may unfortunately not start the race at a different time. We need to ensure that all course marshals are in position, medical teams are ready and aid stations are fully prepared.
What kind of nutrition will be available on the course?
Our AID stations along the course will have:
• Bars / Fruits
Will there be bathrooms on the course?
Yes. Each aid station will have at least (1) restroom.
Are Strollers allowed?
Strollers are allowed on the course. For the safety of everyone, we do kindly ask for all participants with strollers / joggers to place themselves at the end of the corral start.
Are dogs allowed?
Dogs are unfortunately not allowed in the corrals or on the course.
The destination races team welcomes and encourages accomplished athletes to participate in this event, as we do athletes of all abilities.
Should you be interested, please submit at least 3 race results from the past 2 years to: email@example.com
Each application will be carefully reviewed in a timely manner.
Is there a prize money?
Are there awards?
Yes. The top 3 male and female overall winners will receive awards. As well as top male and female in each age division. Age Divisions are as follows:
For safety of all participants, all must be off the course within 3.5 hours.