How can I register for the 2019 event?
Registration is not yet available for the 2019 Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon. Please check back here for updates!
How do I know if I am registered?
You will receive a confirmation email from ACTIVE.com with your registration information and a receipt email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also confirm your registration by logging into your ACTIVE account at MyEvents.ACTIVE.com. Still not sure? Send us an email at email@example.com.
I am having trouble getting registered. Can someone help me?
For online registration issues contact the ACTIVE Network’s customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-228-4881.
How can I edit my registration?
Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.comaccount, find your race entry, and click the “Edit registration” button to make updates to your registration. The deadline to make edits to your registration is May 7th, 2018.
Can I switch race distances?
Yes, you can always switch race distances if there is still capacity in the event you are looking to switch into. Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.comaccount, find your race entry, and click the “Change category” button to make update to your registration. The deadline to make edits to your registration is May 7th, 2018.
- Switching from a longer distance to a shorter distance:There is no fee to switch to a shorter distance. There are no refunds for the difference in price between the two distances.
- Switching from a shorter distance to a longer distance:You will be prompted to pay the difference in fee from the shorter distance to the current cost of the longer distance.
- Late Category transfers:If you miss the deadline to change race distances, you will be able to make the change at the Expo for an administrative charge of $10 plus any additional price difference for longer distances. You must run the race for which you are registered for or you may be disqualified.
How can I add Race Extras to my registration?
Race Extras can be selected during registration. If you did not purchase at the time of registration, log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.comaccount, find your race entry, and click the “Purchase merchandise” button to add Race Extras to your registration.
I can’t make the race. What options do I have?
Entry fees are non-refundable. We appreciate you, as our customer, and understand that sometimes you just can’t make the race. We have created a great policy that offers you several different options, in the event you cannot attend on race day. (You may choose only one of the options below.)
- Defer Your Entry: You may defer your entry to the 2019 event. Deferrals must be processed by the event registration team and an administration fee of $25 will be charged. The deferral will expire after the 2019 event and you will not be able to defer your registration again. Athletes may request a deferral by submitting an email request to email@example.com to May 2nd, 2018.
- Transfers: You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. However, bib transfers are allowed for an administration charge of $25 and must be processed through your ACTIVE MyEvents account no later than May 7th, 2018. If you transfer your bib, you will receive a refund (minus the $25 administration charge) once the new participant signs up. The new runner will need to pay the full entry fee at the time of the transfer. Log into your ACTIVE.comaccount and select “Transfer registration” to begin the process.
- Insurance:If you purchased Registration Protector insurance you may file a refund claim with Booking Protect. All insurance claims and refunds go directly through Booking Protect. Submit a refund application: https://bookingprotect.com/refund/
- Virtual Run:If you cannot attend the race in person you may run the half marathon or 5K “virtually” and still receive the same perks. To run virtually you must upgrade your registration to the virtual option for $10. Log into your ACTIVE.comaccount and select “Purchase merchandise” to select the Virtual Upgrade option.
Packet Pick Up
We recommend that you pick up your race packet at the Race Expo, which is FREE and open to the public. At the Race Expo you will receive your bib, timing chip, shirt and other race information. Exhibitor booths, sampling, merchandise sales, seminars, wine tasting and other events are typically held at the Race Expo. All Race Expo details can be found at the Race Expo page. Your packet will be available for pickup on race day if you cannot attend for any reason for a service charge.
Check back for 2019 Expo Updates!
What times do the races start?
Please visit our Event Schedule page to check what time your race starts at.
How early should I get there?
We recommend arriving one hour before the race start.
Gear check will be available. Your race number will be your claim tag. We strongly encourage you to not leave any valuables in your gear bag. We are not responsible for any lost / damages items in gear storage.
Can I start early/late?
For the safety of all our participants you may unfortunately not start the race at a different time. We need to ensure that all course marshals are in position, medical teams are ready and aid stations are fully prepared.
What kind of nutrition will be available on the course?
Our AID stations along the course will have:
• Bars / Fruits
Will there be bathrooms on the course?
Yes. Each aid station will have at least (1) restroom.
Are Strollers allowed?
Strollers are allowed on the course. For the safety of everyone, we do kindly ask for all participants with strollers / joggers to place themselves at the end of the corral start.
Are dogs allowed?
Dogs are unfortunately not allowed in the corrals or on the course.
The destination races team welcomes and encourages accomplished athletes to participate in this event, as we do athletes of all abilities.
Should you be interested, please submit at least 3 race results from the past 2 years to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each application will be carefully reviewed in a timely manner.
Is there a prize money?
Thank you to Rabobank for sponsoring our 2018 Winners!
For safety of all participants, all must be off the course within 3.5 hours.