Teams of 12 or MoreRegister Your Team
NOTICE: Team Deadline has been extended until 11:59pm on Thursday, February 7th! All teams members must be registered on their team by this deadline!
- Teams must have 12 or more participants (team members participating in Leprechaun Lap will not count toward the qualifying 12 members but may still be part of the team)
- Team members can do different distances and events
- All team members must be registered by the team deadline: Jan. 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM PT
- FREE shipping of T-shirts and bib numbers to Team Captains (late February/early March)
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
Team Captain Incentives – they accumulate!
- 12+ members: $15 entry fee refund. When 12 team members have registered, the Team Captain will receive a $15 entry fee refund. Refund will be issued after the Jan. 31 team deadline.
- 20+ members: $25 gift card to Stanford’s Restaurant and Bar, plus $15 entry fee refund for team captain.
- 30+ members: Special Shamrock merchandise item, plus $25 Stanford’s gift card, plus $15 entry fee refund for team captain.
- 40+ members: Two FREE Trail Blazers tickets (game in late March or April 2019), plus Shamrock merchandise item, $25 Stanford’s gift card, and $15 entry fee refund.
Incentives listed above are for ONLY the Team Captain.
Additional Details for Teams
- At least 12 “adult” team members required. A valid team must have at least 12 participants to be a valid team. Leprechaun Lane participants (ages 10 and under) can be registered as a team member; however, a team will not be valid until it has at least 12 team members.
- Team members do NOT have to register for the same event or distance. Team members can run any of the timed distances or enter the Walk.
- Team Captain $15 entry fee refund. For the Team Captain to receive the $15 entry fee refund, the Team Captain must have least 12 team members (Team Captain included) by the team registration deadline: Jan. 31, 2019.
- Team online entry & deadline. Team Captains must register online and create the team. Instructions during the registration process will help you easily build and manage your team. All teams must be created, and all team members must be registered for the team, no later than 11:59 PM PT on Jan. 31, 2019.
- The deadlines. No individual participants may be added to teams after the team deadline of Jan. 31, 2019.
T-shirts and bib numbers will be shipped to the Team Captain, at no charge to arrive by early March. It is the Team Captain’s responsibility to distribute the T-shirts and bib numbers to the team members.
- Teams with fewer than 12 members by February 1, 2019, will be dissolved and all members will be transferred to the individual category. Each participant will be responsible for picking up their t-shirts and bibs at the Shamrock Fitness Fair, as these items will not be mailed to the team captain.
- Team Captain incentive items. If earned, the $25 restaurant gift card and the special Shamrock merchandise item will be enclosed (and marked for the Team Captain) in the T-shirt and bib number shipment to the Team Captain in early March.
- Two FREE Trail Blazers tickets. If earned, the Team Captain will be notified via e-mail with instructions about how to receive his/her two FREE tickets to a late-March or April Blazers game. Some limitations will apply.
- Shamrock Super “Massive” Teams. Team Captains are encouraged not to stop at 40 team members. Keep going for 75 or more and make it a fundraising opportunity for the team. Shamrock Super Teams received a donation at the rate of $5 per team member to a non-profit organization of the Super Team’s choice. See Super Massive Team section for details.
- For help or for answers to your Team questions, please contact Linda Aronsohn, Team Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general Registration questions please send a note to email@example.com.
Shamrock Super Teams -- 75 or More
Super means “Massive” in Irish!
SHAMROCK SUPER (MASSIVE) TEAMS
A great fundraising opportunity for teams with 75 or more members! For teams with 75 or more members, Shamrock Run Portland will make a donation in the name of your team, company or organization to the charity of your choice at the rate of $5 per adult team member. For example, a Shamrock Super Team with 120 participants would raise $600 for your non-profit!
CHOOSE YOUR TEAM’S FUNDRAISING RECIPIENT
Creating a Shamrock Super Team is an easy way to support a great cause, and everyone wins. By expanding your team to 75+ Shamrock participants, team members can combine their recruiting and team-building efforts to help raise funds for a worthy group or organization. The recipient can be a high school band, choral group, athletic team or club. Or, maybe your team wants to make a donation to a well-known charity, or even to our primary beneficiary of the Shamrock Run – Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Foundation.
TRACK YOUR TEAM’S SIZE ONLINE
The team captain will be notified when the team becomes a Shamrock Super Team. When that occurs, and we will mail a check in the name of your team in mid-April. In the meantime, team captains can track their team’s registration total online via: https://myevents.active.com/ (using their Active.com login email and password).
SUPER (MASSIVE) TEAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS JANUARY 31
So, get busy! All team members must be registered for the team by January 31, 2019. To get your Shamrock Super Team started, the team captain will create their team while registering for the Shamrock Run. After the team is created, team captains can log-in to https://myevents.active.com/ (using their Active.com login email and password). Shamrock bib numbers and shirts will be shipped to the Super Team captain to arrive in early March.
All Super Team entries must be submitted online by Jan. 31 to qualify for Shamrock “Super Massive Team” status. If you are a team captain and already have your team started, spread the word and encourage all of your team members to do the same to reach the 75-participant level and be a Shamrock Super Team.
SHAMROCK SUPER TEAM HISTORY
After Shamrock 2018, cumulative donations from the 7-year history of the Shamrock Super Team program exceeded $175,000! Congratulations to our great Shamrock Super MassiveTeam captains and their team members!
Tips for Building Your Team!
Post on Social Media that you have a team. If you have pics of past Shamrock Runs, post those too!
Make it a family affair – ask all your relatives to join and have a party at the finish line! There are events for all ages and family levels.
Belong to a networking group? Send out an invite to all of the group to join your team!
Download the Shamrock poster (below), add your name as captain and put it in a visible place – like your office refrigerator!
Put pictures on your office windows of past Shamrock Runs and have a big sign to “sign up here!”
Start a walking or running group with friends or co-workers and train for the Shamrock Run – play up the benefits of getting in shape – especially after the holidays and before shorts season!
A fantastic group “team builder” exercise – set a goal for each member and assign a buddy!
If you are in an office, offer to bring in cookies on Friday if 5 people join up during the week. Do it every week – EVERYONE loves cookies!
Shamrock Run PosterDownload Team Poster
Click the Download Team Poster button to download a printable version of this poster.
From family fun, to the iconic beer garden, distances and routes for all abilities and even a two-day Fitness Fair. Shamrock has something for everyone…and all with an Irish flair!Register Now