About the Race
Shamrock Run Portland
Founded in 1979, the Shamrock Run Portland is the largest running and walking event in Oregon and is the third largest running event in the western United States. In 2020, 25,000 participants will celebrate the 42nd edition of the event on Sunday, March 15th at Waterfront Park in downtown Portland.
The Shamrock Run offers competitive races at 5 kilometers (3.1 miles), 8 kilometers (4.97 miles), 15 kilometers (9.3 miles) and a half-marathon (13.1 miles) with a field limit of 3000 runners. Shamrock also offers the Shamrock Stride – a 4-mile fitness walk – and the “Leprechaun Lap,” a 1km (0.6-mile) run/walk for children age 10 and younger.
Shamrock Sunday activities in the finish area include the Widmer Brothers Brewing beer garden, complimentary hot soup and an entertainment stage with performances from local musicians. Music is featured at the starting line and along the Shamrock routes.
Shamrock Weekend kicks-off with the Shamrock Run Fitness Fair. This two-day event at the Oregon Convention Center on March 13th and 14th is in conjunction with Shamrock participant bib number and t-shirt pickup. The Fitness Fair features more than 80 running and fitness exhibitors, celebrities and mascots, contests and give-aways and a Leprechaun Lane area for kids. More than 25,000 people attend the Shamrock Fitness Fair, presented by Moda Health.
The primary beneficiary of the event is Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Foundation, which has been affiliated with Shamrock for the past 22 years.
Entry OptionsRegister Now
ALL REGISTERED SHAMROCK PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE:
- A short-sleeve souvenir Shamrock Run T-shirt
- A 12-ounce pour of Widmer Brothers beer (for participants 21 and older)
- A 6-ounce serving of Shamrock Irish soup
- A commemorative Medallion (All Participants Except Leprechaun Lap)
- A Leprechaun Lap Cape (Leprechaun Lap only)
This year, we feature an improved way for Team Captains to register, manage and promote your team. Captains of teams of 12 or more and Super Teams will have easy access to your team information via a new process on Active.com. Get the full scoop on Teams by visiting our Teams page.
Bib Number Pick-Up
Here are the ways to get your bib number and t-shirt before race day:
- Join a Team of 12 or more! Team captains get lots of perks, and team members get all bibs and t-shirts shipped to the Team Captains so you get yours before anyone else during the first week of March.
- Non-team members can get their bibs and t-shirts at the Shamrock Run Fitness Fair, presented by Moda Health, in Exhibit Hall A/A1 at the Oregon Convention Center. For runners, your timing chip is attached to the back of your bib number.
- Have a friend pick-up your bib for you at the Shamrock Fitness Fair (non team members only). If you need a friend or family member to pick up your bib, please be sure you have:
- Signed the electronic waivers in your active.com account.
- Provided them a copy of your registration confirmation email (email copy is fine).
- Provided them a copy of your photo ID (photo via email or text is fine).
Shamrock Fitness Fair Hours:
Friday, March 13: 11am – 7 pm Saturday, March 14: 9am – 3 pm
Location: Oregon Convention Center, Exhibit Hall A/A1
777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd, Portland
Bib pickup on Shamrock Sunday is available for a $10 purchase during online registration, or you may visit https://myevents.active.com/ to add this purchase to your event (use your Active.com login email and password).
From family fun, to the iconic beer garden, distances and routes for all abilities and even a two-day Fitness Fair. Shamrock has something for everyone…and all with an Irish flair!Register Now
Fitness FairMore Info
2020 Shamrock Fitness Fair
Friday, March 13: 11 am – 7 pm
Saturday, March 14: 9 am – 3 pm
Oregon Convention Center, Exhibit Hall A/A1
777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd. in Portland
Click here for more information
Event Cancellation + Transfer Policy
Entry fees are non-refundable.
We appreciate you, as our customer, and understand that sometimes you just can’t make the race. We have created a great policy that offers you several different options in the event you cannot attend on race day. (You may choose only one of the options below.)
Defer Your Entry: You may defer your entry to the 2021 event. Deferrals must be processed by the registration team and an administration fee of 50% of the cost of the following year’s registration cost will be charged in the event you defer. The deferral will expire after the 2021 event and you will not be able to defer your registration again. Deferral requests must be submitted by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1, 2020.
Transfers: You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. However, bib transfers are allowed for an administration charge of $25 and must be processed through your ACTIVE MyEvents account no later than March 12, 2020. If you transfer your bib, you will receive a refund (minus the $25 administration charge) once the new participant signs up. The new runner will need to pay the full entry fee at the time of the transfer. Log into your ACTIVE.com account and select “Transfer registration” to begin the process.Insurance: If you purchased Registration Protector insurance you may file a refund claim with Booking Protect. All insurance claims and refunds go directly through Booking Protect. Submit a refund application: https://bookingprotect.com/refund/