This Year’s Theme: “Play Happy”
We’ve seen it all from dragon boats to streetcars, sports teams to donuts! This year show us your favorite “Play Happy” creation. Your costume must be tasteful and appropriate for G (“general”) audiences, and – ideally – home made. We reserve the right to disqualify inappropriate costumes.
Everyone entering the contest will be pre-judged. You must arrive at the screening area west of the stage no later than 6:30 p.m. on Saturday evening with your bib number on your costume. To conduct the contest in a timely and tasteful fashion, our judges will pre-screen contestants in each category and reward the top 6 in each category with the chance to continue to the final round. At 7 p.m. you must be present for final judging in front of the crowd of event participants!
Singles only, individuals six to 15 years old
2 persons or more ages six to 15
Singles only, individuals 16 and older
2 persons or more ages 16 and older
Top individual adult wins two tickets on Alaska Airlines! Other category prizes include: Concert tickets to Countryfest, Ben Harper and Charlie Musslewhite, Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper, and Michael Franti and Spearhead; Destinations and dinners at Old Spaghetti Factory, Buffalo Wild Wings, Big Al’s, Grand Floral Parade, Rose Festival City Fair, Portland Open and Portland Classic Golf tournaments and more!
You must be a registered participant in the Starlight Run and be wearing your event bib number to enter the costume contest.
- To qualify for the final round of competition on stage at 7 p.m., you must be present at the pre-judging area at 6:30 p.m.
- Age limitations outlined in “Categories” above will be enforced.
- Your costume must be tasteful and appropriate for G (“general”) audiences. We reserve the right to disqualify anyone for inappropriate costumes.
- Event judges have the right to refuse entry to anyone.
- Audience applause will assist in determining the winners, but the judge’s decision is final.
- Late arrivals will NOT be allowed in the final round of competition at 7:00 p.m.