What are the Race dates for 2019?
The 2019 Surf City 10 Sundown event will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2019.
How do I know if I am registered?
You will receive a confirmation email from ACTIVE.com with your registration information and a receipt email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also confirm your registration by logging into your ACTIVE account at MyEvents.ACTIVE.com. Still not sure? Send us an email at email@example.com.
I am having trouble getting registered. Can someone help me?
For online registration issues contact the ACTIVE Network’s customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-228-4881.
How can I edit my registration?
Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.com account, find your race entry, and click the “Edit registration” button to make updates to your registration. The deadline to make edits to your registration is September 19th, 2019.
Can I switch race distances?
Yes, you can always switch race distances if there is still capacity in the event you are looking to switch into. Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.com account, find your race entry, and click the “Change category” button to make update to your registration. The deadline to make edits to your registration is September 19th, 2019.
- Switching from a longer distance to a shorter distance: There is no fee to switch to a shorter distance. There are no refunds for the difference in price between the two distances.
- Switching from a shorter distance to a longer distance: You will be prompted to pay the difference in fee from the shorter distance to the current cost of the longer distance.
- Late Category transfers: If you miss the deadline to change race distances, you will be able to make the change at the Expo for an administrative charge of $10 plus any additional price difference for longer distances. You must run the race for which you are registered for or you may be disqualified.
How can I add Race Extras to my registration?
Race Extras can be selected during registration. If you did not purchase at the time of registration, log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.com account, find your race entry, and click the “Purchase merchandise” button to add Race Extras to your registration.
I can’t make the race. What options do I have?
Entry fees are non-refundable. We appreciate you, as our customer, and understand that sometimes you just can’t make the race. We have created a great policy that offers you several different options, in the event you cannot attend on race day. (You may choose only one of the options below.)
- Defer Your Entry: You may defer your entry to the 2020 event. Deferrals must be processed by the registration team and an administration fee of 50% of the cost of the following year’s registration cost will be charged in the event you defer. The deferral will expire after the 2020 event and you will not be able to defer your registration again. Deferral requests must be submitted by email request to email@example.com no later than September 7th, 2019.
- Transfers: You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. However, bib transfers are allowed for an administration charge of $25 and must be processed through your ACTIVE MyEvents account no later than September 19th, 2019. If you transfer your bib, you will receive a refund (minus the $25 administration charge) once the new participant signs up. The new runner will need to pay the full entry fee at the time of the transfer. Log into your ACTIVE.com account and select “Transfer registration” to begin the process.
- Insurance: Booking Protect offers Registration Protector, which provides insurance to runners in many emergency and injury situations. This must be purchased at the time of registration, and cannot be retroactively added. If an event occurs that is covered under their policy, you would need to file a claim to receive a full race refund. For questions and inquiries regarding submitting an insurance claim, please contact Booking Protect directly using the following methods.Submit a Refund Application: https://bookingprotect.com/refund/
General Customer Service: https://bookingprotect.com/contact-us/
When and where do I pick up my race number?
All Runners are required to pick up their bib and shirt at our Active LifeStyle expo prior to the race.
Do you mail bibs?
Unfortunately we are unable to mail bibs. We encourage you to join us at the Expo to pick up your bib and shirt. Should you not be able to attend, you may pick up your shirt on race morning BEFORE the start of the race.
Can someone else pick up my race packet at the expo?
The Active LifeStyle expo is part of the fun and open to everyone – you do not want to miss it. Should you not be able to attend the expo, you may have a friend pick up your race packet on your behalf.
• Check to ensure you have signed the electronic waiver in your myevents.active.com account
• Provide your friend a copy of your registration confirmation
• Ensure sure your friend has a copy of your I.D (digital OKAY)
How early should I get there?
Arrive Early. We are anticipating thousands of people on race morning and you do not want to be late. Please plan on arriving an hour prior to the start of your race to allow plenty of time to park, get ready, stretch and make your way to the start line.
Gear check will be available. Your race number will be your claim tag. We strongly encourage you to not leave any valuables in your gear bag. We are not responsible for any lost / damages items in gear storage.
Can I start early/late?
For the safety of all our participants you may ABSOLUTELY not start the race at a different time. We need to ensure that all course marshals are in position, medical teams are ready and aid stations are fully prepared. If you signed up for the 5K or 10K you MAY NOT start with the 10 Mile runners.
What kind of nutrition will be available on the course?
Our AID stations along the course will have:
• Bars / Fruits
Please note that each station will offer a different variety of items.
Will there be bathrooms on the course?
Are Strollers allowed?
Strollers are allowed on the course. For the safety of everyone, we do kindly ask for all participants with strollers / joggers to place themselves at the end of the corral start.
Are dogs allowed?
Dogs are unfortunately not allowed in the corrals or on the course.