COVID -19 Race Update
We’ve been working diligently with our permitting agencies in hopes that the Love Run Philadelphia half marathon could take place on March 28th. We are committed to in-person racing in 2021 and to give you the best possible in-person race experience, we have decided to move the Love Run Philly to the fall. We are working closely with the City of Philadelphia and will have a confirmed date in early March.
If you are already registered for the Love Run Philadelphia half marathon (in-person and virtual) you do not need to take any action. We will automatically transfer you to the new fall date.
If you do not want to run in-person in 2021 you have these other great options:
- Defer your entry to 2022 or 2023- The 2022 Love Run Philly will take place on Sunday, March 27th. Request your deferral now: Deferral Request Form
2. Run with us virtually– If you’d like to transfer into the virtual race, you may do so by visiting your Active profile:
a. Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.com
b. Choose 2021 Love Run Philadelphia half marathon
c. Choose the “Change category” button to make updates to your registration and switch to the virtual run.
3. Choose another race in the Motiv Running/CGI Racing portfolio. Choose from any the races included here. https://www.motivrunning.com. Once you have decided on another race please email Suzanne, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*2020 Deferrals will need to email Suzanne, email@example.com, to switch to the virtual race.
2022 Deferrals Wanting to Race in the fall Love Run Philly
You will need to email Suzanne, firstname.lastname@example.org, to receive your complimentary code. You must register for the fall 2021 race by 4/1/21.
2020 DEFERRAL CODES
I received my deferral code but didn’t use it yet, can I still use it?
Yes go ahead and register for the fall Love Run Philly using that code.
I want to transfer from the virtual to the fall Love Run.
- Log into your MyEvents.ACTIVE.com
- Choose 2021 Love Run Philadelphia half marathon
- Choose the “Change category” button to make updates to your registration and switch to the in-person distance of your choice. Note: if you switch to a longer distance you will be prompted to pay the difference in entry fees.
I am already entered in the 2021 Love Run but want to defer to the 2022 Love Run Philly
No problem submit your deferral request form now Deferral Request Form
March Virtual Run – will not take place until the fall of 2021. Your entry will automatically rolloever into the Love Run Philly fall 2021 event.
Capacity. As a result of 2020 and 2021 deferrals we will likely hit course capacity well in advance of race weekend. Once capacity is reached we will not be able to accept any additional registrations. PLEASE do not wait until the week of to attempt to register. We will not be able to accommodate ANY additional runners once we hit capacity.
DEFERRED ATHLETES: You’re complimentary registration code will be issued the week of 12.1.20. Please make sure we are in your address book and please check your spam folder before inquiring about your code. You must register by 1.14.21. This will allow us to confirm total available slots open for new athletes. If you do not receive the code email us at email@example.com.
Please note you are not automatically entered into the 2021 race and you must re-enter the race. This will enable us to accurately monitor available 2021 slots.
We are thrilled to announce that the 2021 Love Run Philadelphia half marathon will be open for registration on 11.9.20. Please check your inbox for Opening Day!
Love Run Philly is known as Philadelphia’s premier spring half marathon and the ONLY half marathon from January – June in Philadelphia which results in the race selling out far in advance of race weekend to more than 11,000 runners.
This year, because many of you chose to defer your 2020 entry to 2021 we are already over half full before we even open general registration, meaning the race will likely sell out even faster than normal.
We want to thank you in advance for your support and understanding. Race day will most definitely look different than in the past and many operational aspects will be revised according to current protocols. We will offer the safest experience possible while following the guidelines set forth by our permitting agencies, WHO, and CDC.
2020 DEFERRED ATHLETES
Please note you are not automatically entered into the 2021 race and you must re-enter the race by 12/25/20. This will enable us to accurately monitor available 2021 slots.
Check back here regularly for race updates.
First, we want to thank you for your support, patience and understanding through this very difficult, ever changing time. The safety of our events is paramount. Not only the safety of each athlete, but that of their family, our staff, volunteers, spectators, police, medical and the community as a whole. Any decision we have made and will make moving forward is in the best interest of everyone.
As many of you may already be aware, the City of Philadelphia has made the difficult decision to cancel all city-wide events through the end of the year. Unfortunately, and much to our disappointment, the Love Run 2020 will not take place. While we would love to be racing with you again in the fall, we realize this is the best decision and imperative to our return to racing.
We understand that the postponement and cancellations of so many races has affected each of you very deeply and we want to do everything in our power to offer you a positive resolution.
You may choose one of the following options. Love Run 2020 Cancellation Policies.
Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and support. We want to get back to racing as much as you do and look forward to that day…everyday!
Larry and Michele Redrow
Race Directors/CGI Racing
We encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the World Health Organization’s suggested safety precautions including regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone showing signs of illness.
Below are recommended habits on how to prevent the spread of infectious illness and proper etiquette to consider while running.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Clear your nose away from other runners.
- Dispose of your drink cup, gel packs, and other personal items in the proper receptacle