COVID -19 Race Update
As of today, the Love Run will take place on March 28, 2021. We are in close correspondence to the governing entities and will make any updates/changes in accordance with these agencies.
*Expires on 9.1.20
First, we want to thank you for your support, patience and understanding through this very difficult, ever changing time. The safety of our events is paramount. Not only the safety of each athlete, but that of their family, our staff, volunteers, spectators, police, medical and the community as a whole. Any decision we have made and will make moving forward is in the best interest of everyone.
As many of you may already be aware, the City of Philadelphia has made the difficult decision to cancel all city-wide events through the end of the year. Unfortunately, and much to our disappointment, the Love Run 2020 will not take place. While we would love to be racing with you again in the fall, we realize this is the best decision and imperative to our return to racing.
We understand that the postponement and cancellations of so many races has affected each of you very deeply and we want to do everything in our power to offer you a positive resolution.
You may choose one of the following options. Love Run 2020 Cancellation Policies.
Thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and support. We want to get back to racing as much as you do and look forward to that day…everyday!
Larry and Michele Redrow
Race Directors/CGI Racing
We encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the World Health Organization’s suggested safety precautions including regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone showing signs of illness.
Below are recommended habits on how to prevent the spread of infectious illness and proper etiquette to consider while running.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Clear your nose away from other runners.
- Dispose of your drink cup, gel packs, and other personal items in the proper receptacle