COVID -19 Race Update
Currently the Love Run Philadelphia Half Marathon is scheduled to proceed on October 10, 2020. Any race updates that we make will be updated and posted here.
We realize many of you have questions regarding our policies in the event we had to cancel the October race weekend. For peace of mind, we want to let you know what would happen if the COVID-19 pandemic continues and it is determined that the event cannot take place as planned. If that were to happen we will offer the following options to our registered runners.
– 100% deferral to the 2021 event.
– Full transfer to Rutgers Unite Half Marathon.
– Participate in virtual run should one take place.
Please note, these options will only become available if the event cannot take place as planned. If you have already chosen one of the current options, you will be able to update your choice at that time.
We are committed to communicating any decision to postpone or cancel the race as soon as it is made. We realize that many of our athletes, sponsors and vendors travel to our events from out of town and will update you as soon as a change takes place.
Any updates that arise will be immediately communicated to you via email and social media.
The safety of our participants is paramount, and we thank everyone for their patience and understanding as we navigate the challenges of COVID 19. We always strive to provide exceptional event experiences for our family of athletes and we cannot wait until the day we can all race together again.
Until then- STAY WELL – STAY POSITIVE!
We encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the World Health Organization’s suggested safety precautions including regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone showing signs of illness.
Below are recommended habits on how to prevent the spread of infectious illness and proper etiquette to consider while running.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Clear your nose away from other runners.
- Dispose of your drink cup, gel packs, and other personal items in the proper receptacle